Dienstag, 1. April 2008

Nothing is important to me anymore except for you

Fuck. My vinyl obsession has fucking escalated and moved into dangerous new ground. I'm going to have to buy a £300+ stereo system to listen to records because I've seen the At The Drive-In - Live in Tokyo (which is only available on 12"). Holy fuck, I've just found a guy selling so much cool stuff, including this, this, this, this and this. WANT. Now here's a dilemma, do I stay up all night to make sure that I win them, or do I set a respectable highest bid and hope that I win them. Even though I won't be able to play them, I have most of the songs anyway (all of the Get Up Kids stuff is on Eudora) so it's no big deal. I also want them delivered here, instead of back to the UK otherwise my parents will know that I've spent 30 odd quid on vinyl. Pretty fucking excited.



Also, the new Reuben EP is all kinds of awesome. I got it the other day but it wouldn't play in my laptop until today, but it was worth the wait. I've listened to it 13 times through already! There's nothing new on there from Reuben, just a single edit of Cities on Fire and a (fucking incredible) longer version of Shambles. Seriously one of my new favourite Reuben tracks. Gutted if you haven't pre-ordered online because it's limited to 500 copies and 1000 on sale at shows, so get that sorted out. Also, I know want to buy their entire back catalogue of 7" off Banquet, but I think I'll wait until loan day. The Ghost of a Thousand and Baddies tracks aren't bad either to be fair.

I seriously can't wait to hear all of these records if I win them. Mum's gave me her old stereo when I went to Uni and it's got a turntable so I might just try and use that until I get my own (probably when I go up to Edinburgh). I am definitely going to visit Avalanche Records more often. And start buying singles when they come out, because the B sides are, more often than not, awesome.

Also, note to self, don't keep getting so fucking drunk in front of people you don't even know that well. I think this picture speaks volumes of my state last night:


Fuck knows what happened there, maybe it was a smashed glass or something. I hope I didn't piss Silje off that much!

Keine Kommentare: