Mittwoch, 9. April 2008

We set our hearts to self-destruct

Uni has begun. First class was solid. It was Translation from English to German of a text from The Economist, which is impossible for non-native speakers. Anyway, what the fuck does 'to roil' mean anyway? Stupid fucking Americans. The other classes have been way better, as they're from German into English so you can really work at getting something coherent and use amazing words like 'to garner'. Although there's only so much translation about lignite one can take.

Pretty much everyone I know registered for the trip to Berlin, but I didn't. Half deliberately really, but I kinda forgot. To be honest, I can't be fucked to go there with loads of people because I'd want to do my own thing and I think people might piss me off. I'm getting more and more like a miserable unsociable bastard, I guess it's the only child in me. Last Tuesday I went to the Moritzbastei to watch football, but I actually wanted to go alone. Loads of people found that wierd, but to me it's normal. Plus, the Berlin trip is next weekend and Dad's here this weekend so that'll be busy and I want to have a free weekend of not doing anything of note, you know? Obviously I want to do some work, but I also want to watch/listen to the football and stay up late watching QI and drinking beer.


I'm going to Barcelona again this summer and I can't wait! Going with Abbe's family so it should be fun, plus they're going to buying some of our food and everything so it'll all be cool. Looking forward to getting away and chilling out for a bit to be honest.

WE ARE STAYING UP. Seriously what a victory at Brighton. If we win our 4 remaining games I think we've got a chance of escaping, I really do. The tough one is Southend away on the last day of the season, for which I will be in Britain as well. How frustrating! Still, even if we don't stay up, we'll likely not finish bottom of the league, which is nice. I can't find it anywhere, but people need to see Danny Whitaker's goal from Saturday, absolutely outstanding.

Keine Kommentare: