Montag, 21. April 2008

What happened to the good old days, I don't know.

I'm fucking siked cos there's a record fair this Sunday at Werk II, and I will be going along with quite a bit of money hopefully. I've already bought 5 LPs, NOFX - Pump Up The Valuum (blue marble, was cheap as fuck), Ataris - End Is Forever, At the Drive In - Live In Tokyo, Get Up Kids - Eudora and Propagandhi - Less Talk, More Rock and like 6 Get Up Kids 7"s. God I love vinyl. I played quite a few at Silje and Amalie's (AWESOME) party on Saturday, so that was sweet. I cannot wait to actually go home and be able to play these badboys whenever I want. There's some amazing shit available on Ebay, I just fucking hope I win it, especially after some wanker sniped me on a copy of Jimmy Eat World - Clarity for 27 Euros. Bastard, utter bastard. Still, Sunday looks like it's going to be an awesome day if I play it right. Wake up earlyish, record fair at 11, leave at 1pm, home by 1:30pm, win Rival Schools - United By Fate 2xLP at 13:37, Spanish Grand Prix at 2pm, Hundred Reasons - Ideas Above Our Station LP, Midtown/Donots split 7", Saves the Day - Can't Slow Down (maybe) and Saves the Day - In Reverie all ending on Sunday night. Fucking mint.

RIVAL SCHOOLS REUNITE! Jesus christ this news is seriously amazing. What's even better is that they're playing in Germany at a couple of festivals. Please please please please play a headline date somewhere in Deutschland. Fuck, I'll go seriously anywhere. Please. Even supporting Jimmy Eat World (in Leipzig, amazing) would do! I've got the unreleased stuff on .mp3, and it's well good so hopefully they'll be releasing that in the future. That United By Fate LP on ebay is sooo mine. Hands off, wankers.

Not sure if she reads this(!), but Abbe isn't mad at me for buying loads of records, haha. She actually warmed to the idea, which is nice. Next year we'll be spinning vinyl like there's no tomorrow. She seemed to draw a comparison with buying shoes, which I guess I can now understand. It really does take you over and if there's something you want then you just can't help yourself. I have quite an addictive personality anyway, but I really can't wait to get stuff in the post like my Tubelord - Feed Me a Box Of Worms 7" which is incoming. I almost spent 53 Euros on records today but had to drag myself out of the shop with just the NOFX and Ataris. No doubt I will buy the Mars Volta - Scab Dates and Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates that I saw some time in the future. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

Football season's almost over, thank fuck. New fixtures released on June 16th, please give us Aldershot away at some point in the summer!

Keine Kommentare: